The Dragsholm Slot Chapel in Odsherred has been the location for many grand events over the years and is still used for ceremonies that exude a sense of history and soul.
Dragsholm Slot is one of Denmark’s oldest serving secular buildings. The original palatial building was most likely constructed by Bishop of Roskilde, Peder Sunesen, in approx. 1215.
During the Middle Ages, the palace was expanded to become a four-winged castle complex with a chapel in the west wing. The chapel was probably moved to its current location in the late 15th century.
In 1730, Christian Lente von Adeler completed the restoration of the Castle Chapel in the Baroque style, which has been preserved to this day as the result of restorations.
Today, the Dragsholm Slot Chapel serves as a parish church with services on Christmas Eve, Easter Sunday and continuously during the summer period from Pentecost to harvest. Christenings are performed during church services, and local residents of Fårevejle Parish and other individuals associated with the chapel also use it for weddings.
On occasion, weddings can be arranged at the Castle Chapel by Dragsholm Slot provided the wedding party is hosted at the castle.